having faith through hardships

This week in the Come Follow Me program, I have been reminded of how important it is to have faith. I have also been reminded that more often than most of us would like, the Lord asks us to do hard things. And in those moments of hard tasks, we must have our faith to help us endure through whatever it is that he has commanded us to do. That's why it is so important for us to have faith! I love it when I find things that complete a full circle of thinking! 

But all jokes aside, this week's Come Follow Me reading assignment is one of my favorites. I just think that there is something really special about following a FAMILY through regular everyday hardships and watching them try to stay on the straight and narrow path. Because quite honestly, this is the most relatable group of people that we can follow through the scriptures on how to endure well as a family unit. 

Most of the scriptures are individual accounts or records, and that is GREAT. We must have those spiritual revelations individually to gain and build our testimonies. But in a world where its easy to trash talk and beat down on the family unit, it's important to remember that you aren't alone in trying to build a family in a spiritual light. Because it is very easy to feel alone, not only religiously/spiritually, but in growing/building a family unit. 

As a soon to be mom, I have learned that there is SO much out there in the world that I cannot control. And THAT IS TERRIFYING. There is so much out there that I would like to help my family steer clear from, and there are great things out there that I want them to be exposed to, but ultimately I have very little control over what they will get shown throughout the entirety of their lives.

So reading about this family, and reading the account of Sariah, Nephi's mother, I have received some peace in knowing that regardless of what I can and cannot control, I have to have my own faith. My faith in itself can not only help propel me forward in a relationship with God, but it can help my family see someone who is built in a firm foundation. 

Heavenly Father has given me a great share of hard things to do in this life so far. A good amount of them has been while I transitioned from single to wife. I have no doubt that he will continue to give me hard things to endure through as I transition into wife and mother. Honestly, I am excited though for whatever He throws my way. EVERYTHING He has put me through so far has only been to help me grow deeper in faith and to learn to trust him more. It has all been to help me become a better version of me that I didn't know was possible. 

So to leave you all pondering and thinking this week as you study the Come Follow Me program, I urge you to try something hard this week. Maybe its washing dishes as you use them and not letting them pile up. Maybe it's spending more time off social media and with present family members. Or maybe it's calling someone and reminding them that they are loved. Regardless of what you deem to be hard, try it out and have faith that it will be successful. 

After all, hard things can be done through faith. 






Comments